Stories about LA read by your favorite design writers. FORM is a sponsor.
FORM audience 20% DISCOUNT regular tickets and de LaB Groupie tickets with the code: form
Join us for an evening of free expression and generous libation in celebration of LA's design culture at large.
Featuring stories about LA read by the city's leading writers on design and urbanism:
- KCRW's Frances Anderton on Living with Gehry
- A live "Ask Chris" session with Chris Nichols from Los Angeles Magazine
- John Chase laments the lack of fun-size Twix bars
- LA Creek Freak Joe Linton on the bridges we cross
- Ken Bernstein on hidden gems uncovered by Survey LA
- A parade of disturbing interiors from Marissa Gluck
- Architectural short fiction by Tom Marble
- Tibby Rothman's Untitled Art World Story
- Poetic stylings of gelato urbanist Alissa Walker
- Nick Adams, author of Making Friends with Black People
- Brooke Hodge from The New York Times' The Moment
- Los Angeles Times architecture critic Christopher Hawthorne
- Sam Lubell, California editor of The Architect's Newspaper
- Rico Gagliano and Brendan Newnam of The Dinner Party Download
- Editor-in-chief of GOOD Zach Frechette
- and letters to LA written by students from 826LA
- Hosted by de LaB's Haily Zaki, Alissa Walker and Marissa Gluck
Indulge east-of-La Brea eats by Flying Pig courtesy of The Architect's Newspaper, ice cream sandwiches by Coolhaus, organic chocolate by Nicobella, cocktails by Pama and Hpnotiq, and wine courtesy of FORM
Marvel at interactive design installations by Crimson Collective, Barchitecture by Jason King of Somewhere Something, seed bomb vending by Commonstudio/Project H, music by Xeriscape Records, pop-up espresso by Yeekai Lim and comfy modern seating by Modernica
Support the silent auction featuring de LaB community members:
- Crimson Collective
- Knock Knock
- Ben Ball of Ball Nogues Studio
- Heartbeet Gardening
- Damon Loble
- Cartoules Letterpress
- Fifth Floor Gallery
- See Line Gallery and Eamon O'Kane
Anyone who arrives by walking, riding their bike or taking public transportation receives a very special walking-themed door prize!
It all happens next weekend!
Saturday June 26, 2010
Spring Arts Tower
453 S. Spring, Downtown LA
Buy your tickets today—only a limited amount will be available at the door! See you at City Listening II!