Entries in Los Angeles (23)
Rios Clementi Hale Studios’ design for the new Los Angeles Civic Park will result in a transformational urban space in the tradition of the world’s great city parks. Unifying a 12-acre linear site across four blocks in the heart of downtown Los Angeles’ civic and cultural centre, Civic Park is envisioned as an iconic destination celebrating the city’s multicultural and horticultural diversity. It is part of the larger Grand Avenue Plan to revitalise the entire area. The project broke ground on July 15, 2010.
Read more about it here.
ORO Editions, who are setting out to document the best of the best in global architecture over the last five years with their a5 Architecture Series, are releasing their debut effort, a5 Los Angeles. The 440-page book, edited by C.M. Mathewson with a foreword by Frances Anderton, spotlights L.A. firms including, Johnston Marklee, Belzberg Architects and Griffin Enright Architects, with completed works and yet-to-be-built projects that we can all look forward to.
AIA/Los Angeles' Design Education Conference at Dwell On Design This Week
Click on the digital pub for FULL screen view. Guides will be available on-site at Mobius LA 2010.
Click on the links and learn more about the sponsors and supporters of Mobius LA 2010.
Stories about LA read by your favorite design writers. FORM is a sponsor.
FORM audience 20% DISCOUNT regular tickets and de LaB Groupie tickets with the code: form
Join us for an evening of free expression and generous libation in celebration of LA's design culture at large.
Featuring stories about LA read by the city's leading writers on design and urbanism:
- KCRW's Frances Anderton on Living with Gehry
- A live "Ask Chris" session with Chris Nichols from Los Angeles Magazine
- John Chase laments the lack of fun-size Twix bars
- LA Creek Freak Joe Linton on the bridges we cross
- Ken Bernstein on hidden gems uncovered by Survey LA
- A parade of disturbing interiors from Marissa Gluck
- Architectural short fiction by Tom Marble
- Tibby Rothman's Untitled Art World Story
- Poetic stylings of gelato urbanist Alissa Walker
- Nick Adams, author of Making Friends with Black People
- Brooke Hodge from The New York Times' The Moment
- Los Angeles Times architecture critic Christopher Hawthorne
- Sam Lubell, California editor of The Architect's Newspaper
- Rico Gagliano and Brendan Newnam of The Dinner Party Download
- Editor-in-chief of GOOD Zach Frechette
- and letters to LA written by students from 826LA
- Hosted by de LaB's Haily Zaki, Alissa Walker and Marissa Gluck